From the beginning in 2017, we’ve aimed to create something really special with Rose City Track Club. Our goals are to build deep bonds among teammates, accountability, and trust in each other’s support in reaching our big running goals.
We take pride in our structured approach to training, which includes seven opportunities for training in a small group setting every week including speed work, strength training, easy runs, and long runs; plus team rates on personal coaching, massage therapy, physical therapy, and more.
Beyond technical training, our aim is to foster an environment of team camaraderie and support. All abilities are welcome, though we do recommend at least two years of prior running experience.
The perks of joining Rose City Track Club include:
- An accountable and supportive training group
- High quality RCTC singlet or t-shirt
- Weekly training opportunities including a long run and core/strength sessions at Athena with safety precautions in place to minimize the risk of spreading Covid-19*
- Weekly written speed workout geared toward races on team calendar
- Access to personal coaching at a team rate
- Monthly social/educational team gatherings (virtual or in-person with safety precautions in place to minimize the risk of spreading Covid-19*)
- Shoutouts on social media and community newsletter
- Access to private team page on Strava, Facebook, and Slack
- Team rate on runner evaluations and sports massage at Athena Massage, Injury Prevention, & Fitness
- Free initial evaluation at North Lake PT and team rate on follow up appointments
- Team rate on nutrition consults & services at On Pace Wellness
- Team discount on Showers Pass gear + opportunities for wear testing
- 25% discount on select RCTC merch
- 10% discount with Portland Running Company
- Access to exclusive customized team apparel from Tracksmith, Nike, and more
- Volunteer opportunities at Rose City Mile and other local events/organizations
*Safety precautions at in-person events include but are not limited to: a limit on capacity, sign up sheet/RSVP, social distancing, and wearing a mask/face covering.
Membership dues are $30 per month. These funds go right back into the team by maintaining the perks above with the remainder going toward equipment (like our team tent), promo materials, general admin/web maintenance, and our Rose Bud and Emerging Athlete Award programs, providing team scholarships benefitting athletes experiencing economic hardship as well as supporting emerging athletes aiming to perform at the highest level.
Interested in checking out the team? We’d love to e-meet you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to chat. We’re currently limiting capacity of team practices due to Covid-19 precautions; sign up for our newsletter and follow us @rosecitytrack on social media (Instagram / Facebook) to see our latest updates.
To apply for the team, fill out the team application here.