Part of our mission is to support emerging elite athletes in the Portland region by helping them pursue the sport at the highest possible level and continue to develop to be recognized locally, regionally, nationally, and beyond.
Athletes meeting the standards below may be eligible for a full or partial scholarship toward their Rose City Track Club membership. A portion of each paid individual membership goes toward maintaining this fund.
Rose Bud Scholarship Athletes may be eligible for the following benefits, or a combination thereof:
- All general team perks as listed here including a team singlet, weekly team runs, 2x weekly team core/strength sessions with pro trainer Amy Brown, team rate on sports massage, social media/newsletter highlights, etc.
- Additional Rose City Track Club warm up gear and accessories
- Personal coaching
General duties of Rose Bud Scholarship Athletes include:
- Represent RCTC at the local, regional, and national level
- Contribute positively to the group training environment of RCTC
- Act as an ambassador for RCTC
- Be regularly involved in RCTC events and volunteer opportunities
To apply for a scholarship, please indicate your interest on our team application.
Women’s Rose Bud Scholarship Standards
800m – 2:15
1500m – 4:40
Mile – 5:00
3K Steeplechase – 10:55
5K – 17:30
10K – 36:30
Half Marathon – 1:22:00
Marathon – 2:53:00
Men’s Rose Bud Scholarship Standards
800m – 1:57
1500m – 4:00
Mile – 4:20
3K Steeplechase – 9:35
5K – 15:00
10K – 31:30
Half Marathon – 1:12:00
Marathon – 2:32:00
Masters athletes (age 40+) are eligible for scholarships and will be considered on a case by case basis.