A big part of our mission at Rose City Track Club is to support emerging elite athletes by helping them pursue the sport at the highest possible level.
This is made possible through our Emerging Athlete Award program. A portion of every RCTC members’ dues go toward our Emerging Athlete and Rose Bud Award programs, in addition to outside donations made to the club. In our 2020-2021 team year, we were able to support four team members through these programs, and we were proud to have two members of Rose City Track Club representing at the 2020 US Olympic Trials Marathon. Recipients are selected on the basis of their contributions and service to Rose City Track Club and the community, athletic achievements, and personal and/or athletic goals.
Women’s Emerging Athlete Award Standards*
800m – 2:15
1500m – 4:40
Mile – 5:02
3K Steeplechase – 11:35
5K – 17:25
10K – 36:47
Half Marathon – 1:21:00
Marathon – 2:55:00
Men’s Emerging Athlete Award Standards*
800m – 1:55
1500m – 3:56
Mile – 4:15
3K Steeplechase – 9:23
5K – 14:31
10K – 30:39
Half Marathon – 1:07:29
Marathon – 2:25:35
*Age graded time standards available upon request. All standards based off 900 points in the IAAF time tables and age graded from there.
Award recipients may be eligible for the following benefits, or a combination thereof:
- All general team perks including a team singlet, weekly team runs, team core/strength sessions, team rate on sports massage, social media/newsletter highlights, etc.
- Additional Rose City Track Club warm up gear and/or accessories
General duties of award recipients include:
- Representing RCTC at the local, regional, and national level by wearing team gear at races and running events
- Contributing positively to the group training environment of RCTC; attend practices
- Acting as an ambassador for RCTC
- Participating in RCTC events and volunteer opportunities
- Award terms may include taking on a certain duty or a filling a role within the club (terms will be discussed and agreed upon before finalizing scholarship)
To apply for a Rose Bud Award, please fill out the questionnaire below in addition to our team application.